CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

John's June Letter


May 18, 2012

Dear Children,

     If April was busy and hectic, May was pretty empty and slow. There have been more applications filled out, and more interviews gone to, and more rejections. It hasn't all been bad though. Your mom was asked by her principal to teach a lesson for him to observe. The result was him offering her a part-time job as a teacher next fall. She's already started attending training classes with the other teachers. She's getting excited about the opportunity to be designing new curriculum for the sixth graders.
     I got an interview with Washington County School District for a drama teacher opening at Pineview High School. I drove down to St. George and back the same day. It made for a long day, but the interview went well. I was supposed to hear back from them the first part of this week. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm not sure what to think. I also have an interview tomorrow at Taylorsville High School. I'm really excited about that one. The school is pretty big and the drama program is very well established.
     It's interesting to think how much the decisions we're facing right now will affect you growing up. Where we end up working and, consequently, where we end up living will likely be the place you come to think of as home. Of course, we may end up moving around a little bit before settling down somewhere. I feel like we're coming up on the point where we will know what we're going to be doing in the fall. I'm glad.
     Your mom and I went for a hike on Memorial Day. We looked up some information on-line and found out that there is a hot-spring just under an hour's drive from here. We decided to hike out to it. We found the trailhead just fine, but then we took the wrong trail and ended up hiking down the wrong canyon. It was still a fun hike, but it ended up being twice as long as we expected and we didn't get to see any hot-springs or waterfalls. We decided to go back down this week and see if we can find the right trail this time. We forgot a camera the first time anyways, so now we'll be able to take pictures.
     We love you and pray for you.

Love,
Dad

1 comments:

Erin Nicole said...

My family has just started the adoption process! We are 1 week into it, and I look forward to following your blog. Come check mine out at http://everygoodandperfectthing.blogspot.com/, I would love some pointers along the way!!! Thank you for this wonderful blog :)
-Erin

Post a Comment