CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 8, 2011

Anniversary Thoughts

Today is our anniversary. We have officially been married for three years. On this day I like to think about all the things we have been through together in the last year, that I can remember anyways.

Right after our anniversary last year we took a trip to Yellowstone. It was one of the best trips ever and I was so excited to see all the hot water shooting out of the ground. John thought my reaction was priceless.

After that school started and I started my student teaching. It was rough. I would come home sometimes and cry because I didn't think I was going to make it. John held me through these tough moments and we got through it.

I graduated in December and was so relieved that school was over for me. At the same time I went through the whole "what do I do now" phase of my life. I got a job as a teacher aide at Spring Creek Elementary. It wasn't my ideal job, but it was a job and I was using my degree. Now that I can look back at it I an truly appreciate that opportunity.

We also started to work in the temple as ordinance workers. This has been the best opportunity that I have ever had, and John feels the same way. We have gotten so close to our Heavenly Father and our testimonies have grown immensely. I now work as a living ordinance guide, which means I get to be involved with the sealings/marriages in the temple. I am reminded every week of the covenants I made with my husband and Heavenly Father the day I was sealed and I am so blessed.

This was also around the time that we started doing intrauterine insemination. We would have to call into the doctor the day I ovulated and I would have to move my busy schedule around in order to go to the doctor. It was hard sometimes and my loving husband held me through it. After about 2 tries with the IUI we had to stop for a little while. This is when we decided to adopt. We went through the process, got approved, and are waiting now. And we held each other through the whole thing.

Just recently we took our annual anniversary trip down to San Diego. We went swimming with the belugas and we got to see some animals really up close. We had a blast. And that brings us to today, our third anniversary. We still love each other very much. I feel so privileged to be able to spend eternity with my loving husband and I am so grateful for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment